Tuesday 22 February 2022

baking is fun


Baking is Fun

For as long as I can remember, I have been around kitchens. I was always next to my mother and grandmother when they were cooking or baking in their kitchens and I used to watch them work their way in there and was fascinated by it. The first time that they let me help them around the kitchen was when I was 8 years old and they let me peel potatoes, and I, instead of peeling the potato, peeled the skin off my thumb.

 I love being in the kitchen and being able to create new interesting dishes but my true love is baking. I would love to recommend a blog that I use to find recipes for all sorts of sweet things that always turn out great.

The blog is https://www.oogio.net/ . The woman who writes it, Natalie Levin, has amazing recipes for all kinds of cakes, cookies, bread, babkas, pies, and tarts, which range from pretty easy to quite hard so anyone can find something right for them and their level. The instructions in the recipes are always clear and easy to follow, and the results are always satisfying. I recommend using a bit less sugar in her recipes because they tend to be on the sweeter side, but the best way to know is to follow her recipe for the first time and then make your own adjustments. 

I included a recipe of my recent obsession from her blog and the link to the Hebrew recipe is at the bottom of the page. I really hope you enjoy this cake as much as I do. 

 

cinnamon roll cake 

for one English-cake sized pan

for the cake:

1\3 cup of oil

3\4 cup of sugar (you can use less sugar if you want, around half a cup can be enough)

1 egg

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

a pinch of salt

3\4 cup of milk (you can use non-dairy milk as well)

1 1\4 cups of flour

1 teaspoon of baking powder

for the cinnamon filling:

5 tablespoons of brown sugar

one tablespoon of cinnamon

directions:

preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and oil up the cake pan.

In a bowl, mix the oil, sugar, egg, vanilla, salt, and milk until combined.

Then, add the flour and the baking powder and mix until everything is combined.

In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon.

Pour 1\3 of the batter into the oiled cake pan, and then sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar on top, then add the 2\3 of the batter and sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar in, then add the last bit of batter on top and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon sugar on top.

Take a knife and mix all the layers to create a marbled effect.

Bake for 30-40 minutes, until very golden brown, and when a toothpick that is inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean.

Cool completely before eating, it is best eaten at room temperature.

you can add a glaze on top if you want to make it sweeter: 

5-6 tablespoons of powdered sugar

1-2 teaspoons of cold water.

mix it all well until it resembles raw tahini paste- if it's too thick, add water, if it's too runny, add powdered sugar. using a spoon, glaze the cake after it has been cooled completely, and let the glaze set in the fridge for about 15 minutes 


the recipe is taken from: https://www.oogio.net/cinnabon_cake/

3 comments:

  1. No Chocolate not tasty :D
    Thanks for sharing seems delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing I also like cooking and baking and take my recipes from blogers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your love for baking. I really liked your comment about the amounts of sugar.

    ReplyDelete